Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Delia


1st of April, today is your day, eventhough it is April's Fool but it is a-hell-of-a Special Day because it was the day YOU were born.

What does Delia means?

Delia is pronounced DEEL-yah. It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "from Delos". This was an epithet of the Greek goddess Artemis, given because she and her twin brother Apollo were born on the island of Delos. The name appeared in several poems of the 16th and 17th centuries, and it has occasionally been used as a given name since that time. Delia is also used as a short form of Cordelia and Adelia. Delia also has 2 variant forms, Deelia and Delya.

Well, whatever Delia means, there is only ONE DELIA in my life.

The definition of Delia to me is:

LOVE

UNDERSTANDING

PATIENT

TOLERANT

GIVING

CARING

LOYAL

SUPPORTIVE

HONEST

FORGIVING

There are so much more, but I'd like to only point out all the above that describes her best.

Delia never fail to be there when I needed her. Delia never complain about having to pick me up all the way from Cheras-Subang-KL or pick up any friend for that matter. Delia treats me Japanese and Starbucks Coffee. Delia plans outings, trips and holidays. Delia is always the one who does the most behind the scene for all my birthdays. Delia chosed the Blue Roses and the Bluebelle Cake. Delia chosed the ipod and the Recycled-Paper Birthday Box. Delia goes to my bazaars aka flea markets and sits in my lil stall the whole day just to accompany me. Delia walks with me, patiently watches and gives opinions while i dig for wedding dresses. Delia is always ahead and on time because she treasures the time spent together with the girls. I remember everything you are and everything you have done for me and you touched my heart deeply and I know that all you want is to put a smile on my face. You have given me so much joy in this life and you have taught me to be giving and patient. I'm so grateful to have you, a sister and good friend in my life.

You deserve all the good things in your life and just remember to be yourself. The DELIA i will always remember and LOVE.

I love you Lia :)

Happy Birthday!!

*XOXO*


1 comment:

  1. I care because I love !!
    Am so0o glad to have you as my friend. So all those picking up and stuff are merely small matter to me ;)
    Thanks for everything too. This is one of my most memorable birthday i had so far in my life. I seriously never thought that you would actually hand-made the cupcakes for me. The most also i thought would just buy it off from the shelves or what.. Really, deeply in my heart, i dunno how to thank you gals. I know i said so many times d, but please, allow me to say one more time, THANKS :)

    ReplyDelete