Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Immortelle



I am very particular about products that make my face look oily. 
I was searching high and low for a perfect-just-like-you-didnt-wear-anything sunblock after my beautician scared the hell out of me telling me about "Fair Complexion and Pigmentation". 
We hear about pigmentation especially when women turning their 40's, but I always believe that I am young and that will never be my problem.


I remember mom had pigmentation below her eye area. I think she went for a laser removal.
I don't think it helped, we can still see the dots around her eyes.  


My beautician said I have fair complexion and the skin on my face is very thin, that pigmentation can be easily produced in just ONE sun exposure. 
And now that I cannot use any face powder unless necessary on special occasions, not wearing face powder means having my face bare and vulnerable to sun exposure everytime I step out of the house! 
I hate putting on creams and lotions on my face when I go out. I like my face to be dry and matte. So I need to wear a sunblock that is invisible yet gives protection to my face.


So where do I find this PERFECT sunblock?


I went for a drink with April some weeks ago. 
I was raving and complaining to her about my new worries.  
Then she pulled me into her favourite L'occitane shop. She is the No.1 fan of this brand.



My first perception of this brand is;


EXPENSIVE, MILD AND BODY SHOP LIKE.

L'Occitane en Provence

 I usually don't like spending money on commercialized products with a BIG PRICE TAG.


BUT



Look....So beautiful


Being in that shop makes my heart flutter and I feel like skipping around under that tree!
 April recommended the sunblock from this range.


THE IMMORTELLE




Immortal? 
Everylasting? 
Really?





Immortelle is also known as “everlasting” because the flowers retain their form and color when dried.  This small yellow flower with enviable properties is said to hold the secret to eternal youth. The Immortelle flower grows all over the world.  Of the more than 600 varieties only one,Helichrysum Italicum, contains the optimal amount of a key active anti-aging component. This Immortelle flower,organically grown on the island of Corsica, the “Island of Beauty,” is the superior ingredient used in L’OCCITANE products. This sets us apart from any competitors.





The Legend





According to a Greek legend, Ulysses was shipwrecked on the island of Pheacia. There he met the king’s daughter, who was renowned for her goddess-like beauty. The people claimed that to preserve this beauty she anointed herself with a precious golden oil extracted from Immortelle flowers, said to have considerable regenerative properties. To help Ulysses recover, she gave him a vial of this famous Immortelle essential oil. After applying it to his body, Ulysses regained the strength and beauty of a demi-god and was able to resume his fabulous voyage.
And I was HOOKED.



So this is my new LOVE!
I brought her home and tried on it straight before JustC & I washed our car under the hot sun.
It really is perfect-just-like-you-didnt-wear-anything.
MATTE. NICE.


Immortelle Very Precious Fluid SPF 40

An anti-aging skincare solution that provides maximum protection against sun damage - and mattifies and brightens the complexion.


• Prevents wrinkles and firms skin - with a high concentration of Immortelle essential oil, concentrated into micro-capsules for continuous release all day long.


• Protects against UVB rays (which cause sunburn) with an SPF 40 sun filter.


• Protects against UVA rays (which cause premature aging of the skin) with the highest level of protection known as PA.


• Defends against premature aging and the development of new pigmentation marks.


• Evens the complexion and reduces the appearance of uneven pigmentation with a plant complex rich in mulberry extract.


 Lastly, I found a spa in Bali using all L'occitane products. 
Mango Tree Spa by L'Occitane 


Official website: www.kupubarong.com/spabyloccitane

Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa, Kedewatan, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia
Phone: +62 361 975478, Fax: +62 361 975079, E-mail: spabyloccitane@kupubarong.com 


IMAGE GALLERY


No comments:

Post a Comment