Tuesday, November 15, 2011

If we love each other unconditionally

I have absolutely nothing more to ask. As much as my whole life, my whole heart wants to never ever let you go, I let you go because it was asked of me. The irony of love is letting go when I have to hold on and holding on when I have to let go.

If I love you unconditionally, I would love you even if you hurt me, embarrass me, disrespect me or forsake me. I would love "you" and still want to be with "you" even if you have nothing, because NOTHING else matters if there's "you", because my life is meaningful when there's "you". A life without "you", there's no love, no affection, no future to talk about.

If you love me unconditionally, you would still love our mundane life that we were in, you would love our unsocial life, and more importantly you would hold "this" relationship tight in your two hands, because just the two of us will be ENOUGH.

If you love yourself unconditionally, you would chase after the dream, the lust, the infatuation, the excitement, the curiosity, the unknown....because if you didn't....forever you would wonder how it feels.

If I love you unconditionally, I would let you love yourself, I would tell you to do this for yourself and not to do this for me. I would let you go, like a butterfly because if you didn't fly, you'll never know how high you can go or how far you can go. You might forget that you were once a caterpillar that was loved and warmth given in the cocoon for months before emerging into a beautiful butterfly. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly. Now we all hope that the cocoon will not just be remembered, but cherished with love and affection. Because without the cocoon, the butterfly could not materialize.

If we love each other unconditionally, we would not be "here" today....

2 comments: